Basic Terms and Conditions
These are the basic Terms and Conditions for engaging with Big Green Book UK Ltd.
When you place an order with Big Green Book UK Ltd you are agreeing to be bound by our full terms and conditions but the main points are highlighted here.
- The agreement between the customer and Big Green Book UK Ltd is a Business-to-Business transaction and therefore is not covered by Distance Selling Regulations 2000, as no party is acting as a consumer. This means the contract has no ‘cooling off’ period and is therefore not cancellable once the order has started to be processed.
- The contract shall be governed by the Laws and Courts of England & Wales, and of Scotland, and of Northern Ireland . All parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of these Courts.
- The person making the contract is doing so with the full authority on behalf of the customer, or in (the case of the customer being a trading entity of another company) the customers legal owner, proprietor or holding company. Failure to have this authority is not the responsibility of Big Green Book UK Ltd and does not constitute grounds for cancellation.
- By providing Big Green Book UK Ltd with a written confirmation by email or submitting credit/debit card details, the customer is accepting the terms and conditions and entering into a legally binding contract. Purchase Order Numbers are for the customer's records only and the absence of a PO Number does not invalidate an order.
- Our terms require payment, in full, within seven days from date of order. Payment is accepted by credit/debit card, BACS or cheque. Price discounts are strictly related to our terms of payment, and may be varied, subsequently, at the sole discretion of Big Green Book UK Ltd.
- In the event of late payment by the customer. Big Green Book will charge statutory interest on all outstanding amounts.
- These terms apply to the sale, by Big Green Book UK Ltd, of all subscriptions, or any other service or product provided by Big Green Book UK Ltd, purchased by the customer via the website or telephone.
- Big Green Book UK Ltd reserve the right to cancel the contract at any time giving the customer 14 days written notice and at such time will refund any monies paid unless cancellation is due to default of payment terms.
- BGB UK Ltd does not accept liability for delays in setting up the account due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Upon purchasing an advert in Greener Times magazine, failure to provide Big Green Book UK Ltd with the required artwork, or make full payment, within the deadline will not constitute grounds for a refund and inclusion in the next issue will be at the discretion of the directors of Big Green Book UK Ltd and Greener Times Publishing Ltd
Online Directory Profile
The following terms apply to anyone purchasing an online directory profile.
They apply in addition to our general terms.
If you have any questions, then please give our Customer Services Team a call and they will be happy to help you.
Our New Guarantee
- Your Company Profile
- Different Online Directory Profile Packages: We will often offer you the opportunity to purchase a bundle of products and services at a discount to their standard price. As you’d expect, these offers will change from time to time, and we have no obligation to keep any offer open for a certain length of time.
- Special offer periods: We will often offer you a special offer rate. The length and cost of any offer will vary from time to time, but full details will always be made available at the time of your application. However, please be aware that we will only offer you one special offer on an Online Directory Profile in any 12 month period.
- At the end of your offer period, your Online Directory Profile will continue automatically at the standard rate unless you tell us otherwise. Soon after you register with us, we will write to you to confirm when your offer period starts and ends, and that if we don’t hear that you want to cancel by the end of this period, your Online Directory Profile will continue at the standard rate previously notified to you.
- Paying for your Online Directory Profile: If you are taking advantage of one of our special offers, you will pay in full for the relevant offer period in advance. Similarly, when your offer period ends and your Online Directory Entry continues as a monthly subscription, we will collect your payments each month in advance. Full details of the cost and your payment dates will be provided to you during the registration process.
- You can pay using most credit and debit cards and all such payments will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment to us, then we will not be able to confirm your order and no contract will exist between us. We will usually collect your monthly payments by setting up a direct debit or continuous payment authority.
- You may change your Online Directory Profile Package at any time, but please be aware that the full monthly cost of a bundle is less than the aggregate cost of some or all the individual goods and services. If you are thinking of cancelling one or more elements of your package, then please contact us to discuss the most appropriate option for you.
- Your login details: In order to allow you to check and complete your Profile, we will try and provide your access details (username, password and user ID code) as soon as possible after your application has been received.
- Where an Online Directory Profile is taken out on behalf of a company, please be aware that this is a Business-to-Business transaction and therefore is not covered by Distance Selling Regulations 2000, as no party is acting as a consumer. This means the contract has no ‘cooling off’ period and is therefore not cancellable once the order has started to be processed.
- You may cancel your Online Directory Profile at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01691 652 527.
- Your cancellation will take effect from the day before your next payment would have been due, unless you request an earlier date. Please be aware that for monthly subscriptions we are unable to provide refunds in respect of periods of less than 1 month and, where you are taking advantage of a longer term special subscription rate, we are unable to provide refunds in respect of your initial payment (either in whole or in part).
- Please be aware that because your membership can be used immediately, you do not have the statutory cooling off period during which you may cancel your membership without charge.The cancellation charge will be 15% or £50.
- Other important things you need to know
- Please keep your login details confidential to help us maintain the security of our websites. You should not allow any other person to obtain access to biggreenbook.com using your login details.
- Re-instating your Online Directory Profile. If you’ve had a subscription within the last 12 months, please remember that you will not be entitled to another special offer subscription, although you are of course welcome to re-instate your subscription at the standard rate.
- If we need to change the price of your Directory Profile, we will always provide you with at least 6 weeks notice. If, as a result, you decide to change or cancel your membership, please let us know so we can amend your records accordingly.
- What happens if you don’t comply with these terms? We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms, we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to our websites.
If you complete your Company Profile and we fail to send you any enquiries relevant to your business sector and locality over the 12 months of your Profile being live, we offer a full money back guarantee or a further free 12 month entry in the Online Directory. (This is in addition to any enquiries gained by your own promotional activities.)
(these terms are valid on all new sales from 9thApril 2013)